No battery to supply the S6SAE101A00SA1002

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am testing a S6SAE101A00SA1002 evaluation kit, and I need to test the Bluetooth communication in a dark environment, so the solar cell cannot supply the board. Since there is a VBATT input for an optional coin cell battery, I connected a CR2032 battery to it, but I cannot make the board work when it is supplied both with battery and battery+solar cell. The only way to supply the board seems to be the solar cell, although the S6AE101A datasheet says it is possible to connect a battery alongside the solar cell.

How can I supply the board with a battery?

Thank you,

best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I have studied this and I think it is setup to automatically switch between the solar cell and the Vbat when the power and voltage from the Solar cell falls below a set value.  I am sending you the data sheet on the power IC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

I have studied this and I think it is setup to automatically switch between the solar cell and the Vbat when the power and voltage from the Solar cell falls below a set value.  I am sending you the data sheet on the power IC

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

bobgoar, yes, it is what the datasheet says, but in my test it doesn't. I connected both a battery and the solar cell, but when I covered the solar cell, the output voltage goes to zero, even though the battery is connected!

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

I have opened a case for you and will have an answer for you ASAP.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

The Cypress Engineer needs some readings from you circuit.
Can you please attach the scope snapshot at Vstore ,Vout and at Vin while is the solar is covered?  If you don't have a scope please send voltage readings from a DMV.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

I have not heard from you so I am closing your case as you have not replied to my post about you taking some scope picture. 

0 Likes