Can't get PowerState or IsOpen to function properly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having an issue getting device descriptors for the FX2LP board. When I attempt to create a new device with CCyUSBDevice myDevice = new CCyUSBDevice(), I get a Windows System Error 31 (general failure), and cannot get device descriptors with the built-in Windows function, DeviceIOControl. I cannot get the device descriptors any other way, as per project requirements. myDevice.PowerState returns 0, which is not a defined return value in your programming API, and according to other users on your forums, IsOpen() returns true almost all the time, regardless of the device's current state. I would like to know if you have any clue as to why I may be getting a general failure, and what PowerState() == 0 means, as it is not defined, and I obviously do not have the source code for that function.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you able to detect the device in Cypress control center?

Regards

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my device shows up in CyConsole.exe as Cypress FX2LP No EEPROM Device (which is correct), and it does show up in Windows Device Manager as well. The problem isn't seeing that the device is attached to the computer, the problem is doing anything at all with it. I've made another post on this forum with a different problem (see the post named FX2LP Arithmetic Overflow), which I feel may be related. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also of note: I'm attempting to update the driver that my company's program uses to communicate with the board. Until now, they've used the old EZUSB driver, and both board and driver work on Windows XP. They do not work with the new CyUSB3 driver on Windows 7, though I've followed the upgrade guide supplied with the Programmer's API Reference document. (Also, the old driver does not work on Windows 7 either).

0 Likes