Bonding programmatically?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
trhec_1326566
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering: it is possible to enable/disable bonding on the fly in the application code? Or would enabling/disabling the Encryption requirement on a specific characteristic accomplish the requirement to bond and thus give the same result? If so, how do you change that characteristic setting on the fly in application code

Thank you!

Travis 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Travis,

You can modify the security parameters on the fly by accessing the 'cyBle_authInfo' structure. This structure contains the default security settings of the device. Here you can set the bonding requirements. 

Encryption/Authentication requirement of a specific characteristic only define the permissions of the characteristics and have no relation with setting the bonding requirements.

Best Regards,
Srinath

0 Likes

Srinath,

Thank you for your response! This seems to get me half way there. I am able to change the overall settings, however, I am not able to read any characteristic which has encryption required.

I also get CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_FAILED: 5.

So it seems I need to disable the encryption requirement on the characteristic...

0 Likes