New BLE 4.2 with new CY8C4248LQ*-BL583 not working?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnKr_1499391
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

I was working for more than a year now with the Cypress BLE-Kit and startet with the old 128kB Module, then switched over to the 256kB modules and it went very smooth.

But now I ordered some of the new CY8CKIT-143A with the new BLE 4.2 support and after updating the device and the components BLE just won't work.

Because my project is very complex, I tried with the Bonding-Example of day 15 from the blog, but even this doesn't work.

After fixing the printf for the passkey-display, I can now pair with the device again. But the Cypress-App doesn't show any services. Only an empty page with "No services found".

I'm not sure if that is a problem with the module or the app. Does anybody else have this problem?

I added my modified example for testing.

Thanks

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnKr_1499391
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I indeed got it working in the end.

Somehow it seemes that the BLE-Component was configured as GATT-Client. This is why I didn't see any services in the App.

I forgot to post this information to this topic.

Thanks for your help.

Andreas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you check any of our example projects in PSoC Creator with the module? If so, did it work?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
AnKr_1499391
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I indeed got it working in the end.

Somehow it seemes that the BLE-Component was configured as GATT-Client. This is why I didn't see any services in the App.

I forgot to post this information to this topic.

Thanks for your help.

Andreas

0 Likes