Over the air data rate BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone I'm using a Cypress BLE BL583  and I'm sending bunches of 20 chars through the BLE, I'm receiving the data each .15s , I read that the data rate of the BLE is 1 Mbit/s but I'm not sure if that's true.

I'm trying to speed up the sending data, I put the MTU in 23, I have the connection interval with a minimum of .75ms and a maximum of .75ms,  I have a slave latency of 0 and i don't have a connection supervision timeout.

I read that we can reach 270Kbit/s for maximum data rate, but I don't know how to made that and if is possible!!

I really need your help I'm blocked with this trouble!!

I'm sending the data with the function CyBle_GattsWriteAttributeValue

Thanks a lot to everybody

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The connection interval settings you do in the BLE Component in the peripheral side are the preferred values by the peripheral. They are not the ones always used by the central. Which central are you using?

You can ensure the same connection parameters are used by using the CyBle_L2capLeConnectionParamUpdateRequest API. Refer the BLE Component data sheet for more details.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The connection interval settings you do in the BLE Component in the peripheral side are the preferred values by the peripheral. They are not the ones always used by the central. Which central are you using?

You can ensure the same connection parameters are used by using the CyBle_L2capLeConnectionParamUpdateRequest API. Refer the BLE Component data sheet for more details.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes