API Resolution in CapSense Widget Config

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 3x9 touchpad which acts as an I2C slave. I'm looking to add a few registers to the slave memory to dynamically update software settings for the touch pad. So far I can change the finger and noise threshold using the API function CapSense_SetFingerThreshold(), CapSense_GetFingerThreshold, etc.

I would also like to change the API Resolution. This is the amount of coordinates that the touch pad returns in the x or y direction. For example, Column API Resolution is set to 100. Therefore the X touch pad coordinates can very from 0 to 100. I want to change this to best fit the need of the device.

My trouble is I haven't found any dedicated API for reading and changing this value. The only one that is close to that is CapSense_GetScanResolution(), but that seems to be a different setting. Can anyone point me to where this is stored or if its possible to dynamically change this during run time?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In the datasheet it is always mentioned that the resolution is set in the customizer and hence is not changeable at run-time.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there away to change values in the CapSense customizer and then restart the touch pad to put them in effect? Or can you only do that when connected to the PSOC programmer or creator?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The customizer is a piece of software running on your PC to generate the files which then are compiled. Some statements generated are #defines which cannot be changed at run-time.

Bob

0 Likes