Wire Antenna Design

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am building a circuit using CY8C4247LQI-BL483. I tested my circuit using the module CY8CKIT-142. BLE works reliably at 10 meters as expected. At 20 meters, it works but not as good. For example, it advertises 10 packets but only 5 can be detected. So, I'm thinking about using wire antenna instead of PCB. But in the document, the wire antenna has be suggested for better performance but no design suggestion. Unfortunately, I do not have a network analyzer (to expensive to buy right now). Do you have a design suggestion(s) for wire antenna, RC matching value, length and diameter of the wire, etc?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        The frequency of Ble tooth is 2.3ghz and is too high to just add wire . The antenna needs to be designed correctly to work. Do a search on the Web for high gain bluetooth antenna design. You should find a design that should work and you can make.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        The frequency of Ble tooth is 2.3ghz and is too high to just add wire . The antenna needs to be designed correctly to work. Do a search on the Web for high gain bluetooth antenna design. You should find a design that should work and you can make.   
0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi,

Please refer our Antenna design appnote: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an91445-antenna-design-and-rf-layout-guidelin...

Thanks,
Anjana