Certification testing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do we test physical layer of BCM2073x for certification testing. Is there documentation or tool set for the same.

0 Likes
1 Solution

We do not have anything specific to RF test today, but are planning on releasing both a software package and instructional document within the SDK 2.1 release (targeting end of July).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean you have a plan to get RF regulatory certification for some countries?

BCM2073X has already got some certification including FCC/CE.

Broadcom BCM20732S Regulatory Approvals

So, for many countries you don't need to do RF test I think.

If I misunderstand, please tell so.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. But we are planing on incorporating the reference design on our board. We need to go through FCC/CE certification as it is complete new board design. We are trying to look for ways to put the chip to CW mode , Modulated single freq mode and other necessary test used for certification. Can you provide us with pointers where we can find that information.

0 Likes

Hi AirDev,

I read through the Bluetooth Low Energy RF PHY Test Specification and it seems that all testing is done over 37 octet radio transmissions, negating the need for CW mode.   (this is an area I don't have a lot of experience in)

Can you direct me to the documentation where it states CW mode is required?

Hi,

Could you let me know how to do RF test with BCM20732(S)? As I know, device using BT 3.0 classic should be in DUT mode in order to do RF test. However, I am not sure how to do in case of BCM20732.

Could you provide document related to RF test?

Thanks,

SM

0 Likes

We do not have anything specific to RF test today, but are planning on releasing both a software package and instructional document within the SDK 2.1 release (targeting end of July).

0 Likes