graphic lcd design problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello .. i want to make a digital display meter with speed in kmph, battery level indicator, distance travel in km , trip meter. Can this be program and implemented with psoc 5LP kit? How do i start ? please suggest me with this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        You could make a sensor for the wheel . I suggested the GPS module as it is simple to implement. Your speed sensor would be a custom design and would take a lot of design time. The lcd you showed in the videos is a custom part. You could make a graphic lcd display the data in the video. The example program I sent you uses a 4 line Ascii display . The 2nd program uses a Nokia 5110 display that may allow for your data but it is small about 1 inch in size. As this product already exists I would just purchase it and save you your time and energy.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

What kind of sensors are you going to use? GPS for speed and distance traveled and trip meter and An ADC for the battery level.  Here is a program that displays information on an LCD using a 5LP kit. You can get a GPS module from Adafruit.com.

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is the GPS program. You will need to generate the the  math and display interface and any of the GPS parts not in this program.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it necessary to use a GPS? Just like a bike speedometer i want to make it for ebikes .. 

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what the lcd display looks like..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check these video .. this will explain what i wanted to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFank4JMho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVrp5MQH-Ds

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        You could make a sensor for the wheel . I suggested the GPS module as it is simple to implement. Your speed sensor would be a custom design and would take a lot of design time. The lcd you showed in the videos is a custom part. You could make a graphic lcd display the data in the video. The example program I sent you uses a 4 line Ascii display . The 2nd program uses a Nokia 5110 display that may allow for your data but it is small about 1 inch in size. As this product already exists I would just purchase it and save you your time and energy.   
0 Likes