AN61102 using PSoc3 - CY8CKIT-303 DVK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried to use the ADC-DMA16 Bit Continouse Buffering Example AN61102 but I have encountered a warning message which cannot point to any location (as shown in attached screen capture). Any advices/debugging tips from anyone, please? Thanks in advance.

Note I am using device CY8C-3866-040

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is a typical PSoC3 8051 problem. Look at this KB article and follow the links given.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

This is a typical PSoC3 8051 problem. Look at this KB article and follow the links given.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the prompt response.

Another question I have is that I am using Putty to monitor the ADC value to be transferred to PC. I have added .inf into the project root directory with the correct VID and PID as shown in the device descriptor and update the USB driver on my PC with the desired COM port. And I have connected the ADC input pin to P6[5] to vary the analog signal but I am not getting anything on Putty. I have tried with Putty using "USBFS_UART01" example to send data to DKT and it works. I am not sure what I have not done to allow me to see the ADC value transferred to PC when I use "ADC-DMA16 Bit Continouse Buffering Example AN61102 ".

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What Board are you using? Self made? Development board? Which one??

What programmer are you using? Kitprog? Miniprog3?

And: Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made a typo in the subject of this topic.

I am using PSoC 3 Development Kit CY8CKIT-030, hence, this answer your question on which programmer I am using. Nonetheless, I am using the on-board programmer.

I have bundle the complete project as shown in the attached. Please note I am only using the continuous buffering example. I have create the cyre file to solve 8051 problem but still it cannot get the ADC data to display on my putty. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your development board has got two USB interfaces. One is for programming and the other is the PSoC3 USB. Did you connect both USBs to your PC?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob, i only connect ine usb which the usb for posc3. i would shift th usb connection from programming port to the usb port when i am.using putty.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You should connect both USBs at the same time, that will help you to debug your code at the same time.

Bob