BLE 4.2 Bug with custom advertising data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnKr_1499391
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

I think I found a bug in the new BLE_v3_10 Component.

I have a project where I used custom advertising data. And it worked fine with the old BLE_v2_20 component, but it doesn't work with the new updated component.

I added two screenshots for comparison. In the old component there was space allocated once you activated the feature. This doesn't happen in the new component. And of course it doesn't work if you try to update the advertising-data in the code.

Best regards

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried this on a BLE 3.1 component on a 4.2 device. I was able to enter the data.

Please find the attached pic.Please create a Tech Support case if you are not able to enter the data.

regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried this on a BLE 3.1 component on a 4.2 device. I was able to enter the data.

Please find the attached pic.Please create a Tech Support case if you are not able to enter the data.

regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

Hi,

I just created a Tech Support Case and I think I found the bug! At least I can reproduce it now.

If the custom service is up on the list, it works. If it is a service that is on the end of the list, it doesn't work.

So what I did now is, I moved the two "advertising services" up to the top of the profile. But of course this is just a workaround and I hope the engineers will fix that soon.

Thanks

Andreas

0 Likes