SPI MISO pin no connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using hc595 shift register and want to use SPI in transmit only mode, there is no MISO connection in hardware... if i left the MISO pin unconnected in creator it throws an error Terminal "miso" requires a connection when it is visible... How to deal with this, if I only want to transmit..

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Easiest would be to use the SPIM in bi-directional mode. This will save you the MISO pin.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Easiest would be to use the SPIM in bi-directional mode. This will save you the MISO pin.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for immediate reply. In bidirectional mode I think I have to use a bidirectional pin as well, but my purpose is just using pin as output.

Other than that does SPI functions like send works in a similar manner or do I need to make some changes there ?

Isn't it possible to hook miso pin to logic high /low ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I cannot see that the SPI bidirectional master macro uses a bi-directional pin. Check for yourself.

Isn't it possible to hook miso pin to logic high /low ? Probably not.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will check and update here.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When in PSoC4 world, you may use the SCB based SPI interface which allows for removing MISO pin in configuration dialog.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right, but problem is hardware is already fabricated and I don't have this option because  for using SCB mode all pins for that SCB block should be free.

0 Likes