Quick question about PSOC4 Arduino interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may sound like a dumb question, but I wanted to make sure since I have never used the Arduino interface standard.

If I plug the CY8CKIT-026 kit board on top of the CY8CKIT-044 MB via the Arduino interface, I will get access to the two CAN controllers feature of the PSOC4 embedded on the CY8CKIT-044 board. However, I still need access to some GPIOs and analog inputs from the PSOC4.

The two CAN buses only use a few of the Arduino pins. Is my understanding that all other pins are still available and using the Arduino interface does not mean all pins dedicated to the Arduino interface are taken? That Arduino is more of a form-factor standard than a communication bus?

I get the feeling this is correct since the schematics for the CY8CKIT-026 kit board show most of the Arduino connectors pins are not connected anywhere on the board.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
harshadap_76
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi Aduvert,

Yes, your understanding is correct. The shield has CAN transceiver and is built in such a way that you can use CAN and other GPIOs.

Please feel free to update for any clarification.

Harshada

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer.

Since then I have received the two boards and was able to confirm that the rest of the pins were available for whatever usage I'd like, including basic GPIO purpose.

Alex

0 Likes