Timer with ECO clock input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Associated with my other posting about clock behavior, how exactly do you use the ECO clock as an input to a timer?

If I select HFCLK as the existing clock source in a clock (v2_20) that drives a timer, then I get an error saying HFCLK cannot be used.

If I try to use SYSCLK (which is derived from HFCLK) then I get the message that the component requires a clock from the clock block. If I try any of the "routed" clocks I get the same error.

How do I do that? The IMO is not accurate enough for my application.

Ta.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are not telling us which PSoC4 you are using, they differ a bit in clock settings. Again: can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to post my projects, but keep getting some guff about AJAX error.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a CY8C4247LQI-BL483

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same issue using CY8C4248LQI-BL583. I would love to get an answer without posting my design.

0 Likes
user_2457466
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

I have the same issue on a PSOC 4200 BLE.

How do we use ECO for timer operations when IMO is used as source for SYSCLK.

I have a setup now, where ECO is selected for PLL_1.

To use this. I have a clock component on topdesign with:

ClockType: Existing

Source: Routed2 (24 MHz)

Connected to a Sync block on the s_in input and the IMO 48MHz on the Clock input of the sync block.

The output s_out, should then be a synchronized 24 MHz which is used as a clock input for a 7-bit down counter, which generates an interrupt each period, currently set to 128/24.000.000 = 1/187.500.

I want to get an accurate count of 1 second. So each 187.500 times i count once.

The problem is that this seems not to work correctly and i am looking for other examples of how to use the ECO as a clock source, without changing the HFCLK source to ECO.

0 Likes