PSOC 5 using EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I using the PSOC 5 in a modbus application.  I would like to configure the EEPROM to store a new modbus address and to store 7 floating point calibration values.  Functionally the solution work but the EEPROM Write utilities take more time than the modbus timeouts.

Question:  What is the time required to write an EEPROM byte and write an EEPROM row?

Thanks for responses

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help.  What I found key was to organize EEPROM data into 16 byte pages and transfer data on the modbus 16 bytes at a time.  Then EEPROM_StartWrite function call can be used, which allows processing to continue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        I believe ~20ms, it is always a row, not byte   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

EEProm datasheet AC specs show : Row erase/write cycle time is typ. 10ms, max 20ms.

Because a row is the smallest amount to program, the time to change a byte is roughly the same as for the row.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help.  What I found key was to organize EEPROM data into 16 byte pages and transfer data on the modbus 16 bytes at a time.  Then EEPROM_StartWrite function call can be used, which allows processing to continue.

0 Likes