CyU3PDmaChannelCreate SPI CY_U3P_DMA_TYPE_AUTO mode failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I try to create an automatic DMA channel with SPI as the consumer. This is how I go about doing this:

CyU3PMemSet((uint8_t *)&dmaConfig, 0, sizeof(dmaConfig));                                                                                                                                                                                      dmaConfig.size = pageLen;     dmaConfig.count          = 0;     dmaConfig.prodAvailCount = 0;     dmaConfig.dmaMode        = CY_U3P_DMA_MODE_BYTE;     dmaConfig.prodHeader     = 0;     dmaConfig.prodFooter     = 0;     dmaConfig.consHeader     = 0;     dmaConfig.notification   = 0;     dmaConfig.cb             = NULL;      /* Channel to write to SPI flash. */     dmaConfig.prodSckId =  CY_U3P_UIB_SOCKET_PROD_1;     dmaConfig.consSckId = CY_U3P_LPP_SOCKET_SPI_CONS;     status = CyU3PDmaChannelCreate(         &glSpiTxHandle,         CY_U3P_DMA_TYPE_AUTO,         &dmaConfig     );

The execution of CyU3PDmaChannelCreate is not succesful.

If CY_U3P_UIB_SOCKET_PROD_1 is replaced with CY_U3P_CPU_SOCKET_PROD and CY_U3P_DMA_TYPE_AUTO is replaced with CY_U3P_DMA_TYPE_MANUAL_OUT then the function succeeds.

Do you understand what I am doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check the error code returned by the DmaChannelCreate API and refer the API guide on what it means. Also, please check if CY_U3P_UIB_SOCKET_PROD_1 is already used by any other Dma Channel in your firmware.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes