CAN protocol

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Dear all Could some one that have a good and working application for the CY8C5868 or PSOC5PL about CAN application just to send recive message give me one copy? I am trying strong but no way. The micro start to sen message and never stop and never up grade the data. I have also open a case but nothing. .. Best regards and many thanks in advance Attilio Ciaccio Il Gruppo   
0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello

Can you please have a look at the application note:http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an52701-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-getting-started-c....

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello

Can you please have a look at the application note:http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an52701-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-getting-started-c....

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi   Hima

Thanks for the suggest but i have seen already this AN, but anyway looking deeper on the code, i note i difference betwen the AN52701 and the code generate for the KIT CY8CKIT-059.

The AN52701, have file CAN_Data_TX_RX_func.c , where we can found the function called by the main.c :   CAN_SendMsgTxMessage1(void)

following the code:

uint8 CAN_SendMsgTxMessage1(void)
    {
        uint8 result = CYRET_SUCCESS;

if ((CAN_TX[0u].txcmd.byte[0u] & CAN_TX_REQUEST_PENDING) ==
            CAN_TX_REQUEST_PENDING)
        {
            result = CAN_FAIL;
        }
        else
        {
            /* `#START MESSAGE_TxMessage1_TRASMITTED` */

/* `#END` */

CY_SET_REG32((reg32 *) &CAN_TX[0u].txcmd, CAN_SEND_MESSAGE);
        }

return(result);
    }

As you can see the condiction,      if ((CAN_TX[0u].txcmd.byte[0u] & CAN_TX_REQUEST_PENDING) ==
            CAN_TX_REQUEST_PENDING)
have a compare with  "CAN_TX_REQUEST_PENDING"  define as 01u, but to the kit code we have:

#if (CY_PSOC3 || CY_PSOC5)

if ((CAN_Data_TX[0u].txcmd.byte[0u] & CAN_Data_TX_REQUEST_PENDING) != 0u).

This means that we have always the  CAN_FAIL due to 0u and not 01u.

Actually i am doing a service to the Bolivia  forest , and no way to do any test until next week

Please anyway could you give to  me your opinion?

Best regards

Attilio

0 Likes