Making a Mux/Dmux use Non-BUS Select Inputs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a solution to driving a 1/4 Mux from a Control Register without having to use a BUS.

There are many times in which we need to drive a mux's select input without using BUS because we want to gain access to any single bit to drive other logic.  That is not possible when using BUS.

If anybody knows how to make the Mux/Dmux select inputs accept NonBus signals (ie multiple single bits) please point us in the direction of the solution. Presently we are using the below 1/4 emulation by gluing together three 1/2 Muxs.  This works but it is busy and it probably wastes resources in the PSOC4.

We are having problems pasting in Schematic using FireFox ....so we have attached schematic as well.

0 Likes
8 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Can you please convert schematic to PDF? - can't open on mobile   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to paste schematic using IExplorer as well and it wouldn't work either. 

I have now uploaded in PDF.  Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for help. So which is most straight forward solution for a novice?  A bus-splitter sounds like something I could reuse but maybe I should also learn how to modify a component.  Can you point us to a link for one or the other?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Schematic as Image

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Roy, I can't understand something. The left and right parts of your schematic seemingly do the same.

Below is the picture showing how you can join individual bits into a bus to control a MUX. Same way you can split the bus into individual bits.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to say thank you. It answered my question as to extracting individual bits from a bus.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they were identical.

Thank you for your graphic, that was just what I wanted to see.

I knew there was a way to gain access to the individual bits of a BUS, I just didn't know how to do it.  Thanks so much

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

You are welcome. (Sorry, it took me a while, must be a heat wave or bad wine...)

0 Likes