Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've set up a the internal uart interrupt to fire when fifo is not empty. It works when the buffer size is default to 8 but when I increase the buffer size, the interrupt no longer fires. I see that for buffers greater than 8 bytes, the box is checked and greyed out so I am assuming that it is always active for fifos larger than 8. Am I wrong?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Just a bit wrong. When the buffer size is larger than the FIFO size an internal interrupt gets activated which shuffels data from FIFO to buffer without any user action. Poll using GetRxBufferSize() which returns the number of bytes in the buffer (not the size of buffer) and read them with GetByte(). Do not interfere with internal interrupt by reading status of UART.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Just a bit wrong. When the buffer size is larger than the FIFO size an internal interrupt gets activated which shuffels data from FIFO to buffer without any user action. Poll using GetRxBufferSize() which returns the number of bytes in the buffer (not the size of buffer) and read them with GetByte(). Do not interfere with internal interrupt by reading status of UART.

Bob

0 Likes