*Project Example: problem on disabling low power mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm testing the PSoC4 BLE Capsense Proximity from the project example. Everything work fine so far, but when I tried to disable the LOW_POWER_MODE the server(PSoC4 module) become unable to notify the client(BLE dongle). And i found out the main cause is due to the following condition statement:

if(CYBLE_BLESS_STATE_ECO_STABLE == CyBle_GetBleSsState())
                {                    
                    HandleCapSenseProximity();
                }

The BLE subsystem cannot enter ECO_STABLE state. I have tried changing the "CYBLE_BLESS_STATE_ECO_STABLE" to any possible state but there is still no result. In this case, what should i do in order for the program to work properly without going into low power mode?

Additional question: Can the BLE remains in ACTIVE state for all the time Or it must enter Sleep mode once a while for proper operation?(Neglecting the power consumption factor)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are not using the LPM, you can just ignore the check     if(CYBLE_BLESS_STATE_ECO_STABLE == CyBle_GetBleSsState())

You can remove this 'if' condition in your code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are not using the LPM, you can just ignore the check     if(CYBLE_BLESS_STATE_ECO_STABLE == CyBle_GetBleSsState())

You can remove this 'if' condition in your code.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer operationred. I have tried your suggestion and it worked. I managed to obtain notification from the peripheral device again. 

0 Likes