DEEP SLEEP mode & BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a problem with deepSleep mode. I have Client and Server, that communicate together. When Server sends the new date, it has to sleep for 1 second.

if(data_send == TRUE){   LED_Control(RED);   data_send = FALSE;   ConnectionStop();   CyBle_EnterLPM(CYBLE_BLESS_DEEPSLEEP);   CySysPmDeepSleep();   //waiting for wake-up   CyBle_ExitLPM();   LED_Control(BLUE);   ResetControlValue();  }//end if

Do I have to use CyBle_EnterLPM(CYBLE_BLESS_DEEPSLEEP) or only CySysPmDeepSleep()? I have a problem with wake-up. After wake-up BLE the communication between Client and Server  doesn't work....

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Try it the Marilyn Monroe way: She had nothing on, but the radio.

So send your CPU to deep sleep, but do not touch (yet) the BLE.

Keep in mind that all other components as timers etc. have to be sent to sleep as well, using Component_Sleep() and Component_Wakeup().

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I use Timers, Uart, SPI and BLE. So,the way is:

1) Timers, Uart, SPI go to sleep mode

2) BLE stays in normal mode

3) CPU goes to deep sleep mode.

I read, that BLE has to go in deepsleepmode with CyBle_EnterLPM() and after it,  CPU can go to deepsleep mode.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You told that you have got problems with re-connection after sending BLE to deep sleep. Does your above configuration solve that problem?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try in the evening...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I try it and the problem is the same. All components go to sleep except BLE module, then processor goes to deep sleep and after wake-up BLE module doesn't work. I don't know, where is the problem, without DeepSleep works perfect...

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes