Layout for Radial Slider

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnRa_1522781
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to design a new layout for a slider in the form for an arc of a circle. I have four pads on the arc. I have configured this to be a radial slider. But when I use the API to get the centroid position the maximum value of the centroid gets stuck at 3/4 of the resolution and in my case 75/100. I removed the last pad from the slider so that it had 3 pads but then it gets stuck to a maximum value of 2/3 of the resolution ie. around 66. 

The radial slider in the capsense datasheet is defined as 

"A radial slider is similar to a linear slider except that the sensors are placed in a circle"

Does this mean that I cannot have just a portion of the circle as layout for a radial slider and the last slider pad has to be close to the first slider pad?

The layout of the pads is attached in the PNG file. 

Regards

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

"Does this mean that I cannot have just a portion of the circle as layout for a radial slider and the last slider pad has to be close to the first slider pad?"

I think that you are quite right. The calculation of the actual finger position always includes the next pad which isn't there for your arc.

I would suggest you to define your layout as a linear slider.

Bob

0 Likes