is there Easy way to Copy Project from PRoC to CYBLE-022001

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeSy_1305731
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I have developed my custom project on CYBLE-042 Kit on PRoC,   I now want to transfer my project to run on CYBLE-022001-00,  is there an easy way to switch the hardware,    in stead of totally recreating the project from scratch and manually adding all the .c and .h source files and manually configuring the BLE component, Uart component, I2C component, etc...

0 Likes
6 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Try Project-> device selector-> find your silicon on the list

0 Likes

Yes this is helpful, unfortunately not what I 'm looking for.   I want an easy way to run the same firmware on two different sets of hardware.  the code is exactly the same,  the underlying hardware API or BSP(what ever you want to call it) is different.

Same firmware, on hardware with different pin/port configurations.    I tried copying a project and renaming it, but the tool somehow encodes/includes the original file names into the project and I get compile errors saying cant find code named as the previous project.

Do I create one workspace with multiple projects,  each project points to different hardware setup?   It takes a lot of effort to manually go and set up a bunch of project stuff.  so I just wanted to copy a project, rename it, then go into the silicon selector as you have described and just pick a different chip.   however this does not work when I compile the new project that was renamed from the old still some how references the old project.

For instance the Development board CYBLE-042-BLE  this so called EZ-BLE has multiple different chips and modules that plug into it.  and the Development board, has a set up configuration based on the pins/ports because how it is attached to the Pioneer board (base board or mother board)  and there is about 18 other modules you can buy to plug into the Pioneer base board.  This pioneer base board setup is different from my actual hardware setup.  for instance on Poineer board,  port 3[0] is actually the port 3[5] on my real hardware.  etc.. etc..    On my hardware all the switches, UART, LED, and AtoD Converter pins are all swapped around.

how do I set up the PSoC creator workspace environment to use the same source code.  but on several different hardware configurations?

0 Likes

"how do I set up the PSoC creator workspace environment to use the same source code.  but on several different hardware configurations?"

Best will be to make a library project with the common sources. Next best is to create a (software) component which you include into any project that make use of that.

Also, you may use a repository of code. From there you can import the files into your project by right-clicking in workspace explorer on "Source files", select "add existing file". Same for the headers required. The downgrade of this way is that any changes you apply to the files will affect all other projects.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

The benefit is... any changes you apply to the files will affect all projects

0 Likes

You can also make use of this link for creating library project Creating a Library Project as an Object Code – KBA90606

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1000 kudos to odissey1

Your ROCK!!!! this helps a ton!!!!!

0 Likes