NEW TO CYPRESS BLE NEED HELP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

in my upcoming project i will be using "CYBLE-012012-10 module" which will be interfaced with external microcontroller (om13084)

how should i proceed further:-

what things to be taken into consideration when interfacing with external microcontroller?

which IDE to use?

which datasheet to refer?

and any library or example code available?

please suggest,

thanks,

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

You will have to select an interface to connect to your om13084. On the PSoC side there are

UART
SPI
I2C

so you'll have to check which one would be easy for your processor.

PSoC IDE is Creator, you can download for free from here.

There is a whole bunch of videos showing how to work with PSoCs and the IDE.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Thids all depends on what you want to do. For the BLE module, you need to use PSoC Creator. Read the BLE introduction AppNotes, and BLE component data sheet.

For connecting to the external MCU, use either SPI or UART. So read the respective component data sheets, too.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar boat. We have the CY5672 Reference Design Kit and we're trying to adapt this to a remote control for one of our products. Is there a point on the dongle to break in and use the uart pins for I2C communication to our main processor, or is this not the intended use of the dongle? I'm basically trying to get around making a prototype board for evaluation with our product.

Thanks, Jack

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Jack!

The dongle has got an I2C interface and a UART. so switching the pins is not needed.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be clear, we're talking about BLE_TX and BLE_RX on the dongle schematic?

I wasn't able to see the forest for the trees on this one. Thanks for the pointer. I haven't used PSoC in a couple years, and this is my first time looking at PRoC.

The PSoC Creator workspace for the dongle only seems to mention the CYBL10162-56LQXI. Is the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 USB connection a separate issue, or is this basically acting as a built in programmer debugger pod?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

is this basically acting as a built in programmer debugger pod? You are correct with that assumption, this part is named "Kitprog" and seems to get a Cypress standard for all the programmable kits.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob. One more question - you mention the dongle has an I2C interface AND a UART. Do you mean there are two separate serial interfaces, or are you talking about the fact that the UART can be set up as I2C, SPI, or UART? If there is a second interface, I'm not seeing it, but I do see there are some test pins that aren't assigned in the PSoC creator pin assignment window. I suppose those could be used/reused for something else.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

In Creator on the very right hand side of the window there is a tab named "Resource Meter". There you find the amount of resources of your selected chip an the used resources from last successful build. Check the number of SCBs (Serial Control Blocks). From each of those you can build an I2C, UART or SPI interface. Just drag and drop it onto Creator's topdesign, set properties and build. Check the assigned pins.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had not noticed the resource meter before, so thanks for pointing that out. I was more worried about the accessibility of pins from the chip on the board. I’m not too keen on trying to fly wire onto the pins of a chip this small.

I was trying to figure out what was actually brought out from the chip to test points on the dongle that might be easier to wire into.

0 Likes