BLE Dongle not detected in CySmart: Win10 said driver missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Few months ago everything was fine, I could use CySmart and the BLE Dongle. That was with Win8. Since I upgraded to Win10 and now all my tools work except the BLE dongle.

It shows up in the Device Manager with a Yellow '!' and a Windows code (28) that suggest the driver are not installed (see pic below).

In CySmart nothing shows up, same in PSoC Creator! I tried to reinstall CySmart but that didn't work...

Any ideas?

Cheers

X

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Go to C:\program files(X86)\cypress\programmer\drivers\kitprog\PSoCUSB3.sys that is where the driver is located for the kitprog, Your kitprog is not installed correctly and that is why you have the ! mark on it.  Go to device manager and go to the kitprog in the list and say you want to update the driver. and point to the directory that I listed above that should fix your issue.  Also you should be using Cysmart 2.0 and you use that to program the dongle.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's a Win10 issue as I'm using the dongle (mine's a CY5670) fine with Windows 10.
You could try removing the device in Device Manager and remove then plug back in.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer.

It is definitely a Win10 update issue as it is pretty much the only thing I have done to my PC in the last weeks...I didn't do any Cypress update during that period... so everything point at the Win10 update! That would not be the first time something is broken in an OS upgrade, I had that with Atmel tools going from XP to Win7...

Thanks again

X  

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Go to C:\program files(X86)\cypress\programmer\drivers\kitprog\PSoCUSB3.sys that is where the driver is located for the kitprog, Your kitprog is not installed correctly and that is why you have the ! mark on it.  Go to device manager and go to the kitprog in the list and say you want to update the driver. and point to the directory that I listed above that should fix your issue.  Also you should be using Cysmart 2.0 and you use that to program the dongle.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks bobgoar, that did work!

Funny enough I still had a yellow '!' mark for 'KitProg Programmer' under the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' group...so I repeated what you suggested and got rid of it. Weird  but as long as it works!

Yes I am not using Cysmart 2.0 at the moment, and actually CySmart 1.2 did complain that the FW was not compatible and that I should update it. I will probably do that at some point but for now it is great to be able to sniff again with CySmart 1.0!

Thanks again for all the good tips...

0 Likes