HOW TO DESIGN VERY LOW FREQUENCY (0.05HZ) USING PSOC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i tried for design very low frequency like 0.05hz. But if i entered the value into filter configuration box, it displaying red sign. can any one tell me how to design filtering very low frequency. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ViDv_264506
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hi Sheik, 

use DDS with external TXCO for accuracy. Search this forum for DDS, DDS dual phase, DDS24 etc. keyword

Viktor

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
ViDv_264506
Level 5
Level 5
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hi Sheik, 

use DDS with external TXCO for accuracy. Search this forum for DDS, DDS dual phase, DDS24 etc. keyword

Viktor

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you bro... can you please upload the documents for it. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i got the notes. i have to check............

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Sheik, The frequency of 0.05 Hz is outside of the (official) working range of the filter component. It has been designed for audio frequency range. The limitations are 24-bit internal arithmetic and amount of samples in memory (~100). But since your frequency is very low, you can average/smooth data using CPU. If your sampling rate is high (>1-5 kHz), then pre-filter data using Filter component with cut-off frequency approx. 100 Hz, and decimate data. Now you have only about 100 samples per second, which you can easily smooth with CPU (you have to write some code for that, the simplest one is being exponential moving average filter).   
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work you have done odissey1. I watched your YouTube video. 

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
        Sheik, what is the source of the data? Do you have any project to show?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.......... Odissey1   I am going to filter the ECG signal noise. So my source of the project is ecg signal. I don't have any idea about to design low frequency filter (0.05Hz)in PSoC 5lp. can you please give me some reference for it.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
        ECG signal is rather fast! The whole period is about 1 sec. To have e.g. 50 points per scan, you need 50 Hz bandwidth. The issue with ECG is usually AC line noise (50/60 Hz). For that you need a notch filter.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have any example code for notch filter, could you please share that for my reference. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i have constructed ECG signal acquisition circuit by using discrete component. Now i am going to design the same in PSoC 5lp. so i have to design the same high and low pass filter value. I dont know how to design this using filter component of  PSoC and  i am not interested to design filter with using opamp component of PSoC and external discrete component. My another debut is PSoC ADC can convert this very low frequency of  the signal or not.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Check this article on using notch filter with ECG

https://www.dsprelated.com/showarticle/935.php

0 Likes