CY14B101Q NVRAM interfacing through SPI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using CY14B101Q NVRAM in my board which is interfaced through SPI, Can anyone send me sample code of Initialization, read & write if NVRAM . And give me steps to read and write the NVRAM through SPI interface.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

We have an application note explaining how to use our SPI nvSRAM devices. It is available from our website at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an64574-designing-serial-peripheral-interface.... Example projects for PSoC devices are also available from this link, you can use them as a reference to develop your application.

-Sudheesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  had followed  the same procedure as mentioned in the above link . But the Writing to and reading from  NVRAM the is not  happening, but some times it happens  write and readare both possible. 

0 Likes
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

What is the SPI frequency and SPI mode you are using? Can you share the SPI waveforms (MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS) for read and write operations while the failure happens? Also, please share your read and write functions (source code) if possible.

-Sudheesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hai Sudheesh ,

Sorry for the late reply.

SPI mode : Master Mode , SPI clock : 357Khz

Earlier I am facing Read/write of NVRAM issue , it has resolved now. But now I got stuck on onather issue. that is

>> I am able read/write a location of NVRAM through SPI interface, But if I tried same with another location its not happening. I am using same Read/Write routines which I have used for first time.

For the first time whatever location I choose read/write is happening , But for second time facing problem.

I have attached Read & write routines of NVRAM. 

Beast Regards

Maheshwar Reddy

0 Likes