Debugger exited unexpectedly during run

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I've recently installed PSoC Creator 3.3 CP3 and I build my project without problems, but when I try to debug I get this error:

PSoC Creator Error dbg.M0015

Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Remote communication error. Target disconnected: No error.)

I can verify that Port is acquired OK and Device is connected OK.

Moreover, when I've told this problem to my colleages, they have just realized they have the same problem with PSoC Creator 3.3 CP3, however they were able to debug with 3.2 version.

So, my question is:

Is there a known problem for debugging using PSoC 3.3 CP3?

And if there is:

How can I fix it?

Best regards

1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I have got no problems debugging with the latest version of Creator 3.3 CP3. Your problem might be related to debug settings for your project. Check in .cydwr view, system tab that the debug settings is not set to GPIO.

Bob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I have got no problems debugging with the latest version of Creator 3.3 CP3. Your problem might be related to debug settings for your project. Check in .cydwr view, system tab that the debug settings is not set to GPIO.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your response.

Anyway, our problem was we had checked "Enable Device Protection", just in case if it can helps anyone.

Best regards

Same problem for me.  This needs a much better error message

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, Thanks for the post! I too had the same error message. "Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error", and it was because I had just set the debug settings to GPIO in .cydwr view, system tab. The reason I did that is because I read app note AN86233, (PSoC® 4 Low-Power Modes and Power Reduction Techniques) and that was the recommendation to get the lowest power.  In the app note is says "This means that the only thing you cannot do is attach the debugger to a running project." I am using the 5 wire interface on a PRoC module. Trying to get sub 1 mA current. I expect in Deep-sleep mode to get 1.3uA but I am a thousand fold away from that now. Just now digging. Looks like I cannot use the GPIO option in the debug interface because I am using the 5 pin interface, correct? Any pointers on how to get that data sheet value of 1.3uA in Deep-sleep mode would be appreciated. I think i am in that mode but not sure what is going on...yet.

Cheers!

Mark

Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Debugging is not just those two pins, there is a lot of internal hardware which is enabled together with the swd option. This is the cause for some of the excess current.

Before entering deep sleep you should

• Set all unneeded pins to Hi-Z
  •     
  • Set every component to sleep by calling ComponentName_Sleep()
  •     
  • Stop the IMO and switch to ILO
  •    

Then go to deep sleep.

After leaving the sleep mode reverse all actions taken.

Bob

0 Likes