Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been through the SFlash example and has success in applying the method to an application with small amounts of information, usually not even a rows worth, but now I'm looking at storing more information that's more dynamic in certain areas.  In the example, the writing function (WriteUserSFlashRow) accepts a row number and a 32-bit array pointer as parameters.  I'm don't really understand the inner-workings of the function, but was wondering if there were checks to not have to rewrite bytes in the row that weren't changed, or if there was a way to change/write to a specific byte(s) within a given row, or if you can only write an entire row at a time. If it makes any difference, I wouldn't want to write all 128u if I just want to change a few in a given row.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The smallest amount to program flash is a row. You cannot reprogram only part of it, or you have to make a copy, insert your modified data and then erase & program that row again.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The smallest amount to program flash is a row. You cannot reprogram only part of it, or you have to make a copy, insert your modified data and then erase & program that row again.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ok. Thank you. Would I have to erase, or would calling the function again just write over the existing data?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Refer to the description of the function you want to use. Normally the erase and temperature measurement is done automatically.

Bob