PSoC 1: Overflow + In-Circuit Emulator (ICE)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

im using a ICE + PSoC1-EvalBoard and read "AN73212 Debugging with PSoC®1, Chapter 4.4/Events-Viewer " and "AN15576-PSoC®10-Detecting, Debugging, and Correcting a Stack Overflow, Chapter:Capturing Stack Overflow", but where can i find the overflow or shoud i look. Maybe in Memory or Trace or CPU Register?

In AN73212 stands "e.Enable the ‘Break’ checkbox. This will cause a breakpoint to occur whenever the conditions defined for the entire event state evaluate to true." --> nothing happend.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

So when nothing happens you probably do not have a stack overflow? When I look at the trace date, the SP register does not show an overflow.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please look at my project/sourceCode, thats only 10 Rows and it should produce a overflow ...

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You do not get a stack overflow which is defined by SP rolling over form 0x00 to 0xff.

What you are doing is to clobber the stack by overwriting it with data. No ICE will detect that!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, for your answer. That mean, problems like:

1. funcOF1

2. funcOF2

4. funcOF4

will not detect from ICE-Debugger, or is there a possibility?

3.but was is with funcOF3? -> this should be detect!?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

funcOF3 will overflow the stack, but will probably not detected.

All these thoughts and all the time spent because you do not want to use a 32bit processor...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im using a Psoc 5 :-), but the past Project should be finished. Maybe you can tell me why funcOF3() not detect?

Bob you are great, thank you for your Help !!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The overflow trigger monitors the sp low limit write. A sudden increase of 240 will not be seen until you write to the variable.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

super, thats logical.

0 Likes