how to design our own filter componenet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all 

I need to design the notch filter for removing 50hz noise. But i dont know how to design my own component. Give some useful reference. In my previous post odissey gave me the link of notch filter but my problem is i dont know how to design my own filter. I am new to in this field can any one help me. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sheik,

This can be done using external resistors and capacitors, and PSoC internal opamp if you would like to use it as buffer. Are you planning to implement it as biquad or sallen key filter or multi feedback filter? The 50Hz band reject filter can be done by properly choosing low pass and high pass cut off frequency of the filter. Please refer the below link, which could help you to design the band stop filter:

http://www.electronicshub.org/band-stop-filter/#Band_Stop_Filter_circuit_using_R_L_and_C

Let me know if this helps. 

Thanks

Ramesh B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sheik,

This can be done using external resistors and capacitors, and PSoC internal opamp if you would like to use it as buffer. Are you planning to implement it as biquad or sallen key filter or multi feedback filter? The 50Hz band reject filter can be done by properly choosing low pass and high pass cut off frequency of the filter. Please refer the below link, which could help you to design the band stop filter:

http://www.electronicshub.org/band-stop-filter/#Band_Stop_Filter_circuit_using_R_L_and_C

Let me know if this helps. 

Thanks

Ramesh B

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ramesh sir, actually i want to reduce the power line noise of ecg signal by PSoC filter component not by opamp with capacitor and resistor. So i need how to design my own filter component. Is it possible to import the available matlab code of ECG noise reduction to PSoC 5lp filter component?  Because i tried by filter using opamp what you said but i am not getting the result . The output is only getting from band pass filter not in notch filter. Now i am planning to do the noise removal process by filter component of PSoC 5lp. If you have any reference for that please share to me. For your reference i attached my output of ECG signal with noise.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Please help me for the above question. Otherwise give me some suggestion. 

thanks in advance 

0 Likes