Reliable way to count the number of advertisements.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I current use CYBLE-012011 module. In the GAP Setting -> Advertisement Setting -> Fast Advertising Interval, I set the Minimum to 1000 ms, set Maximum to 1000ms, and Timeout to 6 seconds, and Slow Advertising Interval is unchecked. Is there any reliable way to count the number of advertisements in the firmware since the call to CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(CYBLE_ADVERTISING_FAST) until timeout (CYBLE_EVT_GAPP_ADVERTISEMENT_START_STOP event was generated with CYBLE_STATE_DISCONNECTED). I use a program to scan for BLE advertisements. Sometimes I got 5 advertisements and sometimes I got 6 advertisements. I tested this in an environment where there is no other bluetooth devices other than this CYBLE module. I would love to have a reliable way to count this in the firmware.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate for your help.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can include low power mode in your code and then obtain a scope of the device's current supply. You can notice that the current consumption is high during the time of advertisement and low all the times. You can notice 6 peaks.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes