SWD programming: can i use other programmer than miniprog3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have been using Miniprog3 to flash my CYBLE modules on the pcb board.

I have been using SWD protocol.

However, I recently bought ST-LINK/V2 and this also seemed to support SWD.

Does that mean that I can flash my CYBLE module with ST-LINK/V2 as well?

As I understand it, SWD is just a standard of flashing which means that its not cypress-proprietary right?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

STLink cannot be used with PSoC Programmer or PSoC Creator. There should not be any issue in exporting PSoC Creator project to uVision. After following the instructions given in Help Document [PSoC Creator -> Help-> PSoC Creator Help Topics -> section "Exporting a Design to Keil µVision"]

One more thing I like to add. In the help documentation., it is mentioned that u-Link and J-Link can be used for PRoC device. It seems we haven't tested the PRoC device with the STLink.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

STLink cannot be used with PSoC Programmer or PSoC Creator. There should not be any issue in exporting PSoC Creator project to uVision. After following the instructions given in Help Document [PSoC Creator -> Help-> PSoC Creator Help Topics -> section "Exporting a Design to Keil µVision"]

One more thing I like to add. In the help documentation., it is mentioned that u-Link and J-Link can be used for PRoC device. It seems we haven't tested the PRoC device with the STLink.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My original idea was to work in a linux environment, download stlink utility (linux version) and then connect my CYBLE module through ST-LINK/V2.

I guess I'll have to try this and see if it works.

Thanks for the heads up with the 'keil' method!

Much appreciated.

0 Likes