failed updating firmware for kit-059

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeAn_1522526
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is a screen capture of error I got updating firmware:

Now I do not have any device to select from the port list.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

What is the state of your board's LEDs?

What is the version of Cypress Programmer you use?

Is any hardware connected to your prototyping kit or did you make any modifications?

Bob

0 Likes
GeAn_1522526
Level 1
Level 1

The yellow LED is constantly on. The green LED flashes. The blue LED is off, mainly because the last program I burnt turned it off.

PSOC Programmer 3.25.0.2504.

There is no hardware connected to the kit. I had just updated the programmer, and was in the process of updating the firmware as requested by PSOC Creator.

I have tried this on two different Kit-059 with the same result. Now both kit can no longer connect.

It was all working fine prior to the update. I am using these kits in a class I am teaching, and a similar behavior is happening

to a student system as well. I am worried about the other students. I have 41 of them.

Thanks Bob,  George

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

OK.

Plug in your kit, then press the (very small) button on the Kitprog part for 10s until the green LED stops flashing.

Relax, read the Kitprog part of the documentation 😉

Happy coding!

What do you teach your students?

Bob

0 Likes
GeAn_1522526
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Bob. Real-time programming in C. It is a design with microprocessor course. We  use the 059 kit for the platform.

George.

0 Likes
GeAn_1522526
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob. The green flashing LED never stops flashing. Tried it on a third dev-kit and same thing during the firmware update request same

error. I press the button for almost 30 seconds and the green LED keeps flashing. The dev-kit works when initially pluged-in. But after the update, the board never connects.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You saw that there are two buttons on the board? Use that one nearest to the USB connector.

Bob

0 Likes