ADC not reading properly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jakac_1482786
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I am using an ADC in a design and I am getting readings that are lower than I'd expect.  I set up a test pin (Pin 1), and it's reading properly on my multimeter.  There are no external components connected to the psoc board at the moment.  The test pin is reading 1020 mV which is consistent with the design to that pin (VRef through buffer to pin).  But the PSOC is giving me 972 mV.    And it doesn't seem to matter if I use the SAR or DelSig.  

I've used the DelSig before, and it read flawlessly.  The only major difference with that design and this is that I am using hardware muxes.  Could they be leaking current to ground?

Thanks!

jk

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In analog view you can see using the ohmmeter that there is a resistance of 550Ohm between the GPIO pin and the SAR input. Can this affect your measured voltage? the SAR input itself is not high impedance, the analog input pin is. ADC continuous mode is not valid when muxing the inputs. It is not advisable using delays in an interrupt handler. I would suggest to convert the current cycle and when appropriate switch the mux, so you get time to settle the voltages until the next cycle starts.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Didi you add a decoupling cap to the pin with Vref?

0 Likes

I did, and it didn't help.  And when I test the point with the multimeter, it's giving me the right voltage.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In analog view you can see using the ohmmeter that there is a resistance of 550Ohm between the GPIO pin and the SAR input. Can this affect your measured voltage? the SAR input itself is not high impedance, the analog input pin is. ADC continuous mode is not valid when muxing the inputs. It is not advisable using delays in an interrupt handler. I would suggest to convert the current cycle and when appropriate switch the mux, so you get time to settle the voltages until the next cycle starts.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

It seems there is an inaccuracy in the processing result
Perhaps this comparison will help:

That did the trick.  Thanks so much!!!

0 Likes