ADC DMA FIlter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hii,

I am using 16 bit ADC and Transferring my data to Filter using DMA and Getting the result of filter in 16 bit. My concern is when I run the code it is not going into the loop. The code is exiting at while (Filter_IsInterruptChannelA() == 0) ; I attached the code please help me regarding this. My aim is to transfer 16bit output of ADC to Filter using DMA and get the 16 bit filter output.

Thank you

Hem k

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob. I attached the complete project

Hem k

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is no bug, but your indentation is wrong:

while (Filter_IsInterruptChannelA() == 0) ; // This is a loop waiting for something getting. see the ";" at end
            Output=(Filter_Read16(Filter_CHANNEL_A)); // This will be executed after and is indented badly

I frequently use

#define Wait(x)

,,,and then this would look like

while (!Filter_IsInterruptChannelA() )  Wait();
        Output=(Filter_Read16(Filter_CHANNEL_A));

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob, this is totally oblique to this actual thread (apologies to Hem for the distraction ... I too often wonder about the mysteries of DMA), but: Is there any way to get in contact with you outside of the forums? There is no private message option on this forum 😕
Don't post any contact info openly of course, it will get scraped for spam! But other than that, I don't know how to accomplish contact. Are you with Cypress, or on any other forum or social media that I could approach you through?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you get hands on one of my project examples you'll find an email address in main.c. I usually do not give advices that could be placed into one of the forums. So I am waiting for you getting in contact with me.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hii Bob Actually I tried doing the way you mentioned. But still the same problem exists.

Thanks 

Hem K

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Hem, I tried to tell you that there is no problem. Your program runs as required.

If you are expecting something else, be a bit (or byte 😉 more specific.

Bob

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can try this also-

if (Filter_IsInterruptChannelA() != 0) 
            Output=(Filter_Read16(Filter_CHANNEL_A));
else
CyDelay(3000);//fill value in CyDelay which is the upper value for which you wish to wait

The other may be that  Channel A has not triggered a data-ready interrupt.,thus it is not going the the loop and stuck into statement "while (Filter_IsInterruptChannelA() == 0) ; "

0 Likes