BCM20737 NFC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1. What is the native support NFC in BCM20737?

2. It seems that we need to add the NFC Reader IC if we want to enable the NFC feature of BCM20737.

Do you have any sample code about NFC

Thanks

ChienYi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

Thanks for your reply.

I think that the NFC feature should be applied to out-of-band between BCM20737 and BLE host with NFC Reader.

Is it right?

But...why can BCM20737 not control NFC Reader? It should be I2C interface...

Thanks

Adolph

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello chienyien,

1. The NFC Tag produces a GPIO output connected to the BCM20737 to wake it from sleep mode in order for BLE communication to occur between it and a BLE Host.
  2. Correct, you will need an NFC Reader, such as an Android phone, in order to excite the Passive NFC Tag.  The sample code is simply to wake from the interrupt of the GPIO used and in input from the NFC Tag.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Thank you

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI JT,

1. The NFC feature is that NFC tag will wake the BCM20737 by pulling the GPIO if someone want to read the NFC tag. Is it right?

2. If we want to exchange some data of NFC tag between two devices with BCM20737, we need connect the NFC reader IC by I2C to BCM20737. Is it right? If yes, does BCM20737 support the NFC driver?

Thanks

ChienYi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello chienyiyen

Here is a sample BCM20737/NFC authenticated pairing between a BLE Host (included with an NFC Reader), such as an Android phone, and the BCM20737:

1. The NFC Tag will wake the BCM20737 from sleep and the BCM20737 will start broadcasting its Board Address: BD_ADDR.
  2. The NFC Tag will be programmed at the factory with the BD_ADDR of the BCM20737 and perhaps and optional Out-of-Band Code.
  3. The NFC Reader will read the BD_ADDR and the Out-of-Band Code.
  4. The Bluetooth Host can provide a direct connection the BCM20737 Peripheral since it knows the BD_ADDR and the Out-of-Band Code can provide the necessary authentication.
  5. This enables an authenticated pairing connection.

Notes:

1. The BCM20737 does NOT support the NIC (NFC Interface Controller) technical specification to read NFC tags.
  2. The NFC Reader will support the NIC in order to read the NFC Tag.

I hope this answers your questions

Thank you

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

Thanks for your reply.

I think that the NFC feature should be applied to out-of-band between BCM20737 and BLE host with NFC Reader.

Is it right?

But...why can BCM20737 not control NFC Reader? It should be I2C interface...

Thanks

Adolph

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Adolph

Correct on NFC Reader.

However, the BCM20737 cannot control the NFC Reader because the BCM20737 does NOT support the NIC (NFC Interface Controller) over the I2C interface.

Hopefully this answers your questions

Thank you

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

I got it.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks

ChienYi

0 Likes