I need Help !!!! Is it possible to use printf statment in Psoc Creator 3.3 !!!!!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to install FreeRtos in CY8KIT-059 so i want to chack output in console window.

So is it possible to see output in console window by using printf.

i tried but it did not work.

Please help me out

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You can use sprintf() and UART_Putstring() together. On your board is a USB-UART bridge (Look into the -059 schematics for the correct pins) and use a terminal emulation program as PuTTY. Detailed description in -059 docs or KitProg docs, all of those already installed on your PC.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You can use sprintf() and UART_Putstring() together. On your board is a USB-UART bridge (Look into the -059 schematics for the correct pins) and use a terminal emulation program as PuTTY. Detailed description in -059 docs or KitProg docs, all of those already installed on your PC.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not understand at all.

What i want i want to print some output (to verify that it is working as coding ). i am not using any UART function.

Can you please talk in ground level so i can understand. or give some example or some video clips where i can made changes  so i can understand...it will be helpful for other people also in future.

Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

No direct printing to Creator window.

Open the -059 documentation and search for "bridge"

Bob