Name mismatch once running many devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I tried to flash 2 devices with different names : BLE_DeviceA & BLE_DeviceB and different public addresses.

When I searched BLE device on CySmart application, sometimes I can see only 1 device, sometimes I selected BLE_DeviceA to connect however indeed, I was connecting to BLE_DeviceB. Name was mismatch, I think so.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I found by myself. Because I tried to write same address to first 6 bytes of row 0 on Sflash cause all devices have same address.

Thus Cysmart app can not recognize. Then, I try to write different addresses everything going well. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, that should not be happening. Are you setting the name and address in the component configuration? Independent of the name, if two devices have different addresses, they will be enumerated in CySmart. Also, what do you mean by 'selected BLE_DeviceA to connect however indeed, I was connecting to BLE_DeviceB'?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, I tried to set name and public address (Company Id - Company assgined) in component configuration. 

"selected BLE_DeviceA to connect however indeed, I was connecting to BLE_DeviceB' mean when I tried to select BLE_DeviceA  on cysmart App to connect however cysmart App connect to BLE_DeviceB instead of BLE_DeviceA .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only tested on iOS device (ip6s), I will try to test on Android

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same on Android Note2, maybe I did something wrong ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I saw, when I tried to change the public address in component configuration, look like nothing happen. 

I used CySmart application to scan and the display address always be 00:00:00:01:E2:40. 

I think this is the reason why Phone application get mismatch because there are many device has same address (00:00:00:01:E2:40)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I found by myself. Because I tried to write same address to first 6 bytes of row 0 on Sflash cause all devices have same address.

Thus Cysmart app can not recognize. Then, I try to write different addresses everything going well. 

0 Likes