CySmart Android Instability Compared to Desktop CySmart 1.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've made some custom boards based on the PRoC BLE CYBLE-222005-00. If we use the Desktop CySmart 1.2 we can connect and read values from the database as much as we want. If I use the Android mobile CySmart app the board continually disconnects and I have trouble reading the database.

​Has anyone experienced this? Any helpful tips to try to determine why the mobile app is not stable but the desktop is?

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

-> Regarding Disconnect reason:

Refer BLE component datasheet. You can see the description of event.

CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED : Disconnected from remote device or failed to establish connection. Parameter returned with the event contains pointer to the reason for disconnection, which is of type uint8. For details refer core spec 4.2, vol2, part D .

So what you have to do in the project is hope there will be a UART to see the debug prints in the project. If then, in the CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED event, print the event parameter value, for eg:

printf("Error code is : 0x%x",*(uint8 *)eventParam);

and see what error code are you getting. Now check in the core spec part mentioned, there you can find the reason of error code. This is the way to find the reason.

However please provide your project , so that to test it and find out the issue.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi George,

Are you getting Disconnect even? If then, Can you please let us know what is the disconnect reason showing on peripheral side(Use some UART prints)? When exactly is the disconnection happening - Just while maintains connection/ while writing or reading any data/ sending some notifications?

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anjana,

The disconnects appear to be rather random. Sometimes I can get to reading (I have not tried writing with the mobile app but writing works with the Desktop).

Could you please clarify what you mean by obtaining the reason for disconnect using some UART pins. On our board the only method of communication external to the board is I2C or SWD. The board is only 1" square so many typical options needed to be removed. I suppose if I had to I could solder wires directly on the PRoC Module if I needed to but I'm hoping your perhaps talking about the log file from CySmart?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi,

-> Regarding Disconnect reason:

Refer BLE component datasheet. You can see the description of event.

CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED : Disconnected from remote device or failed to establish connection. Parameter returned with the event contains pointer to the reason for disconnection, which is of type uint8. For details refer core spec 4.2, vol2, part D .

So what you have to do in the project is hope there will be a UART to see the debug prints in the project. If then, in the CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED event, print the event parameter value, for eg:

printf("Error code is : 0x%x",*(uint8 *)eventParam);

and see what error code are you getting. Now check in the core spec part mentioned, there you can find the reason of error code. This is the way to find the reason.

However please provide your project , so that to test it and find out the issue.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anjana,

How can I send you the project off-line?

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

You can create a technical support case and share the project with us.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes