Prototyping board for Eval modules?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cypress, or anyone, offer a prototyping board (either breadboard or solder eyes) into which the PSoC eval boards can be plugged? It would be very convenient to be able to do some testing and programming on a Pioneer board, or just with the MiniProg, and then plug a module into a prototyping base for easy, full access to all pins and integration with the rest of the project under development.

Or am I just missing something here? 

I mean, the capsense and LED devices on the Pioneer board are good to try for initial learning, but they take up a lot of the GPIO pins, and I don't see an easy way to disconnect them. Having jumpers to disable these items and just being able to prototype through the Arduino headers would be great, too.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You may use any of the prototyping kits and snap off the Kitprog part. Programming (and debugging) can still be done with the 5 pin interface to Miniprog3 or the Kitprog.

Check out the CY8CKIT-043.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You may use any of the prototyping kits and snap off the Kitprog part. Programming (and debugging) can still be done with the 5 pin interface to Miniprog3 or the Kitprog.

Check out the CY8CKIT-043.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Yes, I saw that. but there doesn't seem to be one available for the CYBLE-214009, and being able to plug the eval module into a proto board would still give more flexibility in switching between devices for the same circuit.

0 Likes

You are here in a PSoC5 forum, would be better asking in the PSoC4 BLE forum

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same connectors for the eval modules, either way... and the Pioneer board they connect to is PSoC 5.

Anyway, I'll be rolling my own with some IDC connectors, ribbon cable, etc.