Creator 4.0 and 3.3 SP2 dissimilar binary output results

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrLe_1336286
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi All

After building an identical project in Creator 3.3 SP2 and 4.0, no component updates (against the Cypress recommendation), toolchain appears identical however the binaries files are quite different. I have perused the release notes http://www.cypress.com/file/318921/download, can't see a reason.

Have I carelessly overlooked details in release documentation, could this be linker order or is this the expected result moving to Creator 4.0?

Many Thanks
Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I did not check, but most probably a new GCC version is installed with this version. This might do different optimizations, and code generation, so it will produce different output.

Also, Cypress might have changed the way  how they do component placement and routing to produce better results. This also affects the output.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I did not check, but most probably a new GCC version is installed with this version. This might do different optimizations, and code generation, so it will produce different output.

Also, Cypress might have changed the way  how they do component placement and routing to produce better results. This also affects the output.

0 Likes
GrLe_1336286
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Thanks for the reply, I also believe the latter in your email to be correct. Building two projects without any components in Creator 3.3SP2 and 4.0 yields the same binary file.

Thanks
Greg

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Yes Greg,

The placement and routing algorithm is updated.

Thanks

JOBIN GT