Does the ALP filter library support CapSense v3.0?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to maximise the range of our proximity sensor, and I see that AN92239 recommends the use of the ALP filter library. However when I add the code to the project, CapSense_TOTAL_PROX_SENSOR_COUNT is not defined in the source generated by the CapSense v3.0 component. With v2.40 of the component it is defined in CapSense_CSHL.h.

So that got me thinking, is the ALP filter supported by v3.0 of CapSense?

Regards,

Andy

0 Likes
6 Replies
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi Andy,

No, Currently we don't have ALP support in CSD3.0 but its in our roadmap and will be available soon in the future version.

Thanks,

Yuva.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks Yuva. I will do some comparisons of v3.0 without the ALP and v2.40 with ALP to see which performs best in our application.

Regards,

Andy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same situation here. I want to improve my proximity sensor (CapSense v3.10) with the ALP filter. Is there a new release coming soon?
Otherwise, where can I find the array of raw count values so I can apply my own filters?

Regards,
Markus

0 Likes
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi Markus,

The schedule to integrate ALP with CSD3.10 is by end of Q2'17. If you need it before this you have to use CSD2.60 or use custom filters.

Thanks 

Yuva.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yuva,

thanks for your answer. Can I modify the Filters implemented? I would like to make some changes to "CapSense_1_FtIIR1stOrder". Therfore I need another variable uint32 KalGain in the System. It should be outside the method so the value is available und updated every iteration. Where in the Code should I define KalGain best?

Best regards
Markus

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Uva,

I want to  use ALP with CSD3.10 at now.

Give me an update on the status of CSD3.10.

Best regards,

tetsu.

0 Likes