New user questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I intend to purchase the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Kit and have a few questions before I it:

• Is it possible to develop a stand alone application using the CY5671 module only ? After I program it using the baseboard.
  •     
  • Where can I find the CY5671 MCU (CYBL10563-56LQXI) full datasheet ? not the 47 page version, the full version.
  •     
  • Is it possible to work with the kit with 1.8v power supply?
  •    

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Point 1 answer is yes. Point 2 what spec are you looking for?  Point 3 answer is yes,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Point 1 answer is yes. Point 2 what spec are you looking for?  Point 3 answer is yes,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking for a complete datasheet, like other MCU's I'm working with.

Never seen a datasheet with only 47 pages, it is usually 1000+ containing all the peripherals, registers, power management etc.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is the data sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for.

Where is the registers map? Timers,RTC, Power and all the other peripherals specification?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Yes, these manuals exists. Are you fond of reading cryptic 1000+ page reference manuals?

There is Creator which offers you a single datasheet for each component your PSoC has got. CPU? Look at ARM M0 or M3 (PSoC5)

Accessing "registers" apart from the 16 CPU ones? Search for PSoC Register TRM, but I assure you that your local phone book is more thrilling.

I would suggest you to:

Go through the list of available components, when interested right click and select "open datasheet".

On Start Page: select "find code example" and see how things ate made to work

Download and install your CY8CKIT-042 BLE files

On Start Page: select "Kits" and see examples for your kit.

Happy coding

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer.

When choosing a component for a new product, it is important for me to know about its capabilities.

Because I don't have the kit yet, I have nothing to ask and look for in the datasheet.

From my experience , the MCU datasheet is an important resource in the development process. I asked about it because the length looked strange to me (after writing code to similar products for years).

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

How about this data sheet. http://www.cypress.com/file/135861/download The Technical reference manual 5662 pages.

0 Likes