New user

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! 

I have 0 experience about coding/programming, but I'd want to try this out. 

I've recently purchase the CY8CKIT-042-BLE and followed the Quick Start Guide that was included in the kit itself.

However, I can't seem to connect the BLE dongle (CY5670 CySmart USB Dongle) to the BLE Pioneer Baseboard preloaded with CY8CKIT-142 PSoC 4 BLE Module even after following the instructions on the quick start guide - which was to connect the dongle to my laptop's USB port, insert the 3V coin cell into the baseboard, and then press SW2 on both the dongle and baseboard. 

There's no blue LED flashing on the dongle, but the LED on the baseboard (LED 3) keeps on flashing a red light. (the LED 3 on the baseboard starts flashing red light the moment there's a power supply (battery/USB))

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I suggest that you read and follow the user guide on this kit.  Also view the videos on this site for training.   If you can't program in C then you will not understand the programs and how to create them.  I suggest you take a C course before you try to use these devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I suggest that you read and follow the user guide on this kit.  Also view the videos on this site for training.   If you can't program in C then you will not understand the programs and how to create them.  I suggest you take a C course before you try to use these devices.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea.. I guess so! Thanks 🙂

0 Likes