OTA Firmware Upgrade using Security Key

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
I'm looking for a ready-made tool to perform an OTA Firmware Upgrade using the Security Key feature found in the Bootloader component v1.50.

That was once possible (maybe) with the Bootloader Host, but unfortunately (from AN97060) "Bootloader Host tool support for OTA is broken with the release of the CySmart 1.2 dongle firmware" - and we are using 1.2.1.21. I was initially thinking of downgrading the dongle's firmware, but I was unable to find the older versions on Cypress' site.

No CySmart version (PC, iOS, Android) seems to support the Security Key feature, so it looks like the only way to use it is by modifying the apps to get a customized one which supports that feature.

Can anyone shed some light on my doubts? Thanks!

BR - Stefano Voulaz​

0 Likes
5 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

CySmart older versions are available from the link:http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-software-archive?source=search&key...

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hima,
unfortunately in the older CySmart releases (prior 1.2) the firmware for the dongle seems not included in the distribution. In order to use the Bootloader Host with the dongle, it looks like an older dongle's firmware revision is required - but I couldn't find it so far.

Thank you and best regards,
Stefano

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Can you please tell us which version of PSoC Creator you are exactly using?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hima,
we are using PSoC Creator  3.3 CP2 (3.3.0.7343).

BR
Stefano

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello

Can you try programming the attached hex file check if this is working fine.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes