Timers and Writing to EEPROM (sflash)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaDa_1584736
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

CYBLE-022001-00 Module

I did the dumb thing of testing my code on BLE PSOC and then trying to shoehorn it into a BLE PROC chip. Not really working well.

If anyone has any examples of the Following.

Need Timer for 30+ days accurate to the minute
    A.  Systick ?
    B.  Hardware Counter. (TCPWM) ?

Need to write data to EEprom (SFLASH)

A.  I was going to Easy EPROM problem is I can't get it to work on the BLE PROC.

I really need a chart with all the components available for each module. Makes using the code across modules problematic.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When writing to flash there are impacts on the clocks derived from the HFCLK, depending on the chip family you use. This is documented in the "System Reference Guide" (from Creator help menu). Imho the easiest way is to build a timer fed with the LFCLK which must run on a crystal to reach your required precision.

Bob

0 Likes
JaDa_1584736
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

As I get solutions I am going to post them to help the next person who runs into this problem.   I have been on this forum and there is a lot of hit and run action going on.

Here is the interface for the SFLASH..  to write data to eeprom for the PROC BLE .   I will give it a test and then let everyone know how it turns out.  

http://www.cypress.com/file/130791/download

Here is the link to the PSoC4_CyBoot_V5_20_Datasheet.   I hope that this works.  I will write a function check for size and to pad the extra data needed for a ROW.  Page 67.

0 Likes
JaDa_1584736
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

All logic in PSoC is high level logic. The one and only exception is the XRES input which is active low. So no explicit mentioning for the level is made.

This is something that would be really nice to be in all the manuals.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Jim, this is a developer forum, we do not have the ability to change anything. I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and tell your suggestion. You will be answered by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes
JaDa_1584736
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Bob don't worry about it.  I will be in contact with them just thought I would try to contribute to the developer community.. I will continue to annoy everyone that is just my style. 

Sorry. Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Oh, you did not annoy me at all, so nothing to be sorry for!

I just wanted to let you know a proper way to have your suggestions considered by the right people. Cypress is always thankful for getting their documentation improved.

Bob

0 Likes