Is this possible with the CY8CKIT-049-4245AXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is it possible to program the CY8CKIT-049-4245AXI development kit via bluetooth ?

The plan is to break of the programmer part, connect the RX and TXD pins P4.0 and P4.1 to the TXD and RXD pins of the bluetooth module HC-05. The programmer software on the PC connects to the COM port (enumerated) of the computers bluetooth.

Is the above plan workable ??

I just want to replace the programming wires to the kit with bluetooth.

The entire system works off 3.3 VDC.

I tried the above scheme but the programmer software timed out always.

Please help

thanks

a

0 Likes
3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Did you read the chip data sheet? That will tell what you need to program the device. I don't think it will work with a bluetooth signal from your HC-05.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here are some data sheets on this.  By the way the programming data is I2C not serial data.  Also baud rate it 115200 not 9600 as the HC-05  is set for.

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi arbj,

PSoC 4 device on-board CY8CKIT-049 includes a UART bootloader for programming through the USB-Serial (USB-UART configuration) controller in the kit. Bootloader Host software tool that installs with PSoC Creator is used to bootload the device through the USB-UART interface.So you are actually bootloading the device. I think the challenge here will be creating a host application with a bluetooth layer which does the bootloader host functionality.

You may follow the appnote AN68272 (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an68272-psoc-3-psoc-4-psoc-5lp-and-psoc-analo...). In section 2.4 of the pdf, there is an opensource application for bootloading using PC Host.The application is  UART based. You may have to create a bluetooth layer to this application to send the serial data over the bluetooth channel. As writing target flash is done row by row from host, atmost care must be taken. Hope this helps. 

Happy Designing,

Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes