PSoC Creator does not recognize PSoC 4 CY8CKIT-049 kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone:

I am not new in the PSoC, I've worked with several PSoC 1, and I have made my own designs. But I have never worked with another family of PSoC, recently I acquired a PSoC 4 CY8CKIT-049 kit, I installed the PSoC Creator and the drivers for working with the kit, and my Windows 7 recognize the kit and it assigned a COM Port for him. So far so good. The problem is that once I have compiled the program and I had no errors, I tried to load the PSoC Programmer from the PSoC Creator and it does not seem to recognize the kit, it says "Device may not be connected or the port may be in use by another application". 

If you could help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Alex here is the programs you need to insure your bootloader programs are working correctly.  I am using PSOC 4.0. 

1. Unzip this program.
  3. compile it on your system
  5. Press and hold Sw 1 on your CY8CKIT-049-42XX board and insert it into your USB port.
  7. The led 1 should be blinking.
  9. Press Tools on the PSoC creator and select Bootloader host
  11. Your board should appear in the window. 
  13. USB Serial port Com4 should be in the list select this item.
  15. Baud rate should be 115200 , Data bits 8, stop bits 1, Parity None.
  17. Click on file
  19. Click on CortexM0
  21. Click on Arm_GCC_493
  23. Click on Debug
  25. Click on the file with .cyacd
  27. then click open to select this.
  29. Then press the Green arrow that is pointing down on be bootloader host screen.
  31. It will program your device.
  33. A couple of points you  need to have the bootloadable component on your topdesign.cysch  Make sure it points  to the correct bootloader .hex and bootloader .elf  files on your system. 
  35. That is it.
  37. I agree with Bob that the CY8CKIT-043 is a lot easier to use and allows debugging and this device doesn't  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Alex.

The CY8CKIT-049 has got a bootloader pre-progammed and can be programmed using the bootloader host (from Creator - Tools menu)

For starting your experiences with PSoC 4 I would suggest you to get hands on a CY8CKIT-043. This kit has the benefit to allow programming and debugging directly from Creator.

Bob

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Alex here is the programs you need to insure your bootloader programs are working correctly.  I am using PSOC 4.0. 

1. Unzip this program.
  3. compile it on your system
  5. Press and hold Sw 1 on your CY8CKIT-049-42XX board and insert it into your USB port.
  7. The led 1 should be blinking.
  9. Press Tools on the PSoC creator and select Bootloader host
  11. Your board should appear in the window. 
  13. USB Serial port Com4 should be in the list select this item.
  15. Baud rate should be 115200 , Data bits 8, stop bits 1, Parity None.
  17. Click on file
  19. Click on CortexM0
  21. Click on Arm_GCC_493
  23. Click on Debug
  25. Click on the file with .cyacd
  27. then click open to select this.
  29. Then press the Green arrow that is pointing down on be bootloader host screen.
  31. It will program your device.
  33. A couple of points you  need to have the bootloadable component on your topdesign.cysch  Make sure it points  to the correct bootloader .hex and bootloader .elf  files on your system. 
  35. That is it.
  37. I agree with Bob that the CY8CKIT-043 is a lot easier to use and allows debugging and this device doesn't  
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Here is the program.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both of you, sorry for de delay, I had some issues with my internet connection. I will try to follow the steps. Related to the CY8CKIT-043, it is kind of hard to get, I live in Cuba and we cannot buy online anything, so I only have this kit (the CY8CKIT-049-42XX). I will try to do it at home tonight. Tomorrow I will let you both know. Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, I already did it and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! No problem at all. Thanks a lot!!!!

0 Likes