Over the air updates

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

1/  I have 10 samples of the CYBLE-212020-01, which we will be fitting in our new product.

The new PCB is around 2 weeks away, consequently, I’ve been using the CYBLE 212019-00 ( fitted to a Cypress kit cyble-212019-eval ez-ble evaluation board), which is plugged into a the CY8CKIT-042 BLE board.

2/Using the CY8CKIT-042 BLE board,  I’ve used the over the air update example ( upgradeable stack and device CY8C4248LQI-BL583). This over the air update  works.

I’ve changed the device to   CYBLE 212019-00 ( same memory size to the BL583 etc ) and the i/o pin for sw2.

3/ After programming, the LED is green, I’ve used an APP on my mobile phone, which detects the ‘findme’ advertising packet. I can connect ( LED goes out) & then disconnect ( Green LED comes on). The Red LED comes on after 40 seconds ( the period which I’ve set in the GAP Settings).

4/  If I reset the dev kit ( SW1) & then press SW2 ( to request the over the air update ) when the LED is green, my mobile phone sees the OTA bootloader, however CY Smart 1.2 doesn’t see the OTA Bootloader.

The LED is RED and goes out completely after 3 minutes as set in the GAP setting in the upgradeable stack example project  and the phone app no longer sees  the OTA Bootloader advert.

( USB dongle is BLE 4.2, firmware 1.2.3.32, Hardware 2.0.0.0)

5/ When I reset the dev kit, the LED is RED and the mobile phone sees the OTA Bootloader advert, the LED goes off after 3 minutes.

6/ The only way that I can get the original ‘findme advert’ back is to reprogram the device from PSoc 4.0 creator.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Issue was because of wrong CAPTRIM values.

Suggestion is to update CAPTRIM setting in the component for this module. Please try with 18 to 19pF. I have tested with 18pF and have verified the working of project with BLE 3_2. For this, navigate .cydwr -> clocks -> eco configure -> change input capacitance and output capacitance to 18pF. Do this both for stack project as well as application project. now it should work .

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello

Are you using the PSoC Creator example as it is or are you making any changes?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm using the 3 Psoc examples.

FindMe, Launcher, Bootloader.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi,

Could you please confirm when you modified the firmware from CY8C4248LQI-BL583 to CYBLE 212019-00, you have mapped all the pins correctly?

If the device is visible in phone app, then it should be visible in Cysmart 1.2 as well. Are you able to succeed OTA with mobile app?

If possible please share  the project so that we can test and see the issue.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've remapped the pins  & changed the device.

It works when I use PSoc Creator version 3.3.

It does not work with PSoc Creator version 4.0

I didn't know that there was an APP that could download from my mobile.

Even when the project is zipped, its too big to send.

Which files do you need ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to fix the problem.

With the workspace in PsocCreator 4.0.

I reverted the Bluetooth BLE components from 3.2 to 3.1.

This appears to work. Although, the little yellow shield with the ! appears at the bottom of the screen.

I guess that Cypress need to fix version 3.2 ???

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi,

Could you please replace the linker scripts from the new creator example project and test the project once in Creator 4.0 (BLE 3_2) as specified in our below forum post :

http://www.cypress.com/forum/proc-ble/ota-projects-update

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Issue was because of wrong CAPTRIM values.

Suggestion is to update CAPTRIM setting in the component for this module. Please try with 18 to 19pF. I have tested with 18pF and have verified the working of project with BLE 3_2. For this, navigate .cydwr -> clocks -> eco configure -> change input capacitance and output capacitance to 18pF. Do this both for stack project as well as application project. now it should work .

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes